Hike to Holy Jim Falls

Nothing like hiking a tree-lined path to reach a waterfall on a warm, sunny day. Yesterday, Cam and I, along with our friends Ariane and Max, hiked the Holy Jim Falls trail in Trabuco Canyon. The hike is about 2.8 miles round trip, and is absolutely beautiful. To get to the trail head requires either an additional 4.5 mile hike, or a very bumpy ride to the parking lot (what we did). The hike itself is very smooth…not super steep…lots of little creeks to cross (be careful crossing the wider creeks…I lost balance and stepped in the water a couple times…hiking with wet shoes and socks is not pleasant, lol). The trail ends at the waterfall, and is a great place to plop down for a snack. This is such a fun hike…I can’t wait to go back again! If you’re ever in the mood for a short, scenic hike, this is the trail to take! ~Kat (pics by Kat)

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Hikes, Out 'n About

10 Comments on “Hike to Holy Jim Falls”

1. Jan 14, 2014 at 1:46 pm #

Beautiful!

2. Jan 14, 2014 at 12:18 am #

Looks like you had a great time πŸ™‚ This is something I really like, Hiking.

3. Jan 13, 2014 at 3:27 pm #

That looked like a walk to enjoy indeed.

4. Anonymous
    Jan 13, 2014 at 2:08 pm #

SueBee – this is my local hike most weekends. I am so glad you got to get up there. Was there water at the falls? Next time hang a left before the falls and head three more miles to the summit which is the top of the mountain. It is a killer but the view is unbelievable!

• Jan 13, 2014 at 2:11 pm #

There was quite a bit of water this time! And next time I will definitely head the other direction…would love to see that view! Thank you for your comment! ~Kat

5. Jan 13, 2014 at 2:06 pm #

Looks beautiful, especially the way the water cascades down the creek.

• Jan 13, 2014 at 5:32 pm #

It’s really pretty there! Thanks for your comment πŸ™‚ ~Kat

Natalia's Pics

The lens of the world is wide.

Eye For A Pic