Otherworldly Fireworks

Our town holds an annual 3rd of July Fireworks Extravaganza, which I was able to view from my front lawn, shooting over the next-door rooftop. Very convenient! I set the Nikon D5100 on 6400 ISO and hoped to hold still enough to grab a few decent shots. I am very fond of the first shot, and also like what I see as an outer space feel in the other shots. Happy 4th of July to our fellow USA followers. Enjoy a nice day off work! ~SueBee (photos by SueBee)

Tags: , , ,

Categories: Photography

8 Comments on “Otherworldly Fireworks”

1. Jul 11, 2014 at 10:37 pm #

On my photo goals list … catch fireworks at their best! Very nice!

• Jul 12, 2014 at 7:39 am #

Thank you! My previous attempts were dismal at best so I was feeling pleased with these.

2. Jul 05, 2014 at 5:34 pm #

Great shots! I like the visuals of the fireworks, but I hate the sound. The animals go nuts and are so distressed.Today on KUSC was an all day program of American songs and folk music. My partner commented on the difference between white folks’ music and black folks’ music. White folks: “ain’t it grand!” Black folks: “get me outa here”. I was struck by the common theme of the white folks’ music – much of it songs about adventure and exploration and fun – by & for men. Not much in there for women, except stuff like “I long for my man to come home from the sea”. That kind of stuff.

• Jul 06, 2014 at 2:36 pm #

I love KUSC. Sorry I missed that program. Women have been overlooked in many areas & now we are headed backwards even more. Interesting observation your partner made, and yours as well. Agree about noise of fireworks. Having been in middle of gang shoot out in SF few yrs back adds to tension of loud popping noises.

• Jul 06, 2014 at 5:18 pm #

It was an interesting program on KUSC. You’re right, women’s rights are going backwards, as are all the other victories of the 60’s and 70’s. I’ve lived where there’s lots of shooting also, and it is very stressful. But mostly I feel for the animals. Their hearing is so much more acute than ours. When they make silent fireworks, I will be standing in line.

3. Jul 04, 2014 at 5:24 pm #

So e nice fireworks. Happy Independence Day.

Exploratorius