At Riley’s Farm

Oak Glen is my point of refuge from office life and the concrete jungle, and is my go-to place when I need to see green, breathe in mountain air, pretend I live in the country. I took these photos at Riley’s Farm when Kat and I went berry pickin’ last weekend. While it’s common knowledge that farming is hard work with long hours, to an outsider like me, places like this trigger thoughts of simpler times. ~SueBee (photos by SueBee)

Tags: , , , , ,

Categories: Out 'n About, Photography

10 Comments on “At Riley’s Farm”

1. Aug 20, 2014 at 4:30 am #

These places are so beguiling aren’t they: speaking to some inner yen for life to be more simple, less processed, fewer stages between the food production and the enjoyable consumption. Ah well. It’s good to look and imagine.

2. Aug 16, 2014 at 3:50 pm #

I enjoy visits to places such as these for the same reason. I always imagine the people who live here being more attuned to nature than folks who live in the city.

3. Aug 16, 2014 at 2:33 pm #

It is good to visit the countryside and dream of being a countryperson. It is just that weather isn’t always so pleasant but the work still has to be done. Sometimes the concrete jungle is not so bad…..theatres, cafes, concerts…..

• Aug 16, 2014 at 4:04 pm #

Yes, that’s quite true. A bit of both is rather nice, isn’t it?!

4. Aug 16, 2014 at 1:07 pm #

Looks idyllic, but it’s a bit of a hike for me.

• Aug 16, 2014 at 4:05 pm #

My move to Orange County from Ventura County opened up a whole new world for me! Adding another hour to the 1 hour drive, changes things, no doubt.

5. Aug 16, 2014 at 11:28 am #

Thank you for this wonderful visit! Beautiful.

• Aug 16, 2014 at 12:14 pm #

Thank you for writing! It’s a great, nearby getaway spot!! ~SueBee

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Hastings Cottage Designs

Banners, Jewelry, Decor and more

Photographs by Timothy S. Allen

Exploring the World with a Camera

A potpourri of thoughts and experiences

MY WALL

Poems & Photographs

Figlio del Giaguaro

Chi non conosce il silenzio del deserto non sa cosa sia il silenzio. (proverbio tuareg)

Ripples of Truth

Small moments make big ripples.