Lake Hollywood Reservoir

Kat and I went exploring Sunday afternoon, after a morning drive back up from San Diego. We’d been on a family weekend get-away and dropped Kat’s two older siblings  at their places in Orange County and downtown Los Angeles.

Kat and I first swung by the San Antonio Winery, then headed towards the west side of town. It was a blast – Kat with the camera, window rolled down, me behind the wheel, exploring alleys behind Melrose, the Rodeo Drive area, then on up Mulholland, and back over to Lake Hollywood in the Santa Monica Mountains. There’s a fantastic walking trail all the way around the lake, about 3.3 miles in length. A few different routes will get you to the lake, but I find the one from Franklin in Hollywood is easiest. This visit, the GPS was directing us in all sorts of odd directions, so that I ended up coming in from Barham, and surprisingly landed directly below the Hollywood sign. I’d never been that close to it. We joined carloads of tourists gawking at the sign, up close and personal, before winding our way around the hills and eventually coming to the parking lot near Mulholland Dam.

The pictures in this gallery were taken by Kat, except of course, the ones of Kat that I took! We were having a bit of modeling fun. 🙂 ~SueBee (photos by Kat)

Tags: , , , , ,

Categories: Out 'n About, Photography

9 Comments on “Lake Hollywood Reservoir”

1. Sep 04, 2014 at 7:24 pm #

Wow, I’ve lived in L.A. for over 50 years, and I haven’t gotten around to visiting Lake Hollywood or the big sign. Gotta get up there! Fun pix!

• Sep 05, 2014 at 10:00 am #

Thank you! It was definitely a neat discovery! Always wondered where the “back of the sign” trail started! ~Kat

• Sep 06, 2014 at 7:32 am #

Well, we stumbled on two places that I hadn’t been to previously either, living in L.A. for most of 6 decades… exploring our own backyard is lots of fun! ~SueBee

2. Sep 03, 2014 at 3:08 pm #

She didn’t look very silly to me.

• Sep 03, 2014 at 4:52 pm #

She will appreciate that! We were both being very goofy with our “modeling shoot” so I thought it may have come through in the pics 🙂

3. Sep 03, 2014 at 8:23 am #

Nice series – the shot with the water was very good (I like reflections).

4. Sep 03, 2014 at 7:46 am #

Great shots as usual and there they are!!!!

Eye For A Pic