Rise of the Jack O’Lantern

Yesterday, after a long day at work, Kat and I jumped in my little truck and zipped onto the freeway… where we patiently sat in traffic for well over an hour until finally stopping for dinner. We then continued on to our destination in La Canada Flintridge, Descanso Gardens.Rise of the Jack O'Lantern (23)

A few weeks back, I’d purchased tickets for the 8:45pm Rise of the Jack O’Lanterns show. I got the tickets at a discount, and figured that late hour on a school night would mean less crowds shuffling through. My decision was a good one. It seemed as though most children were already home in bed, and therefore the crowd was quite manageable. The smell of hot cocoa wafting through the very chilly, autumn-like air was wonderful! Kat and I were in awe of the pumpkin carving skills on display. There were 5,000 of them, set in various themed groupings. If you are in the Southern California area, I highly recommend this show. It’s running through November 3. ~SueBee (photos by SueBee)

PS: I was pleased to get some non-blurry nighttime pictures, especially being hand-held, and as we bumped and jostled along a dark, dirt path!

Tags: , , , , , ,

Categories: Photography, Seasonal

10 Comments on “Rise of the Jack O’Lantern”

1. Nov 09, 2014 at 5:02 pm #

That was crazy. Jack O Lanterns rock. And they are difficult to shoot clearly. Nicely done!

• Nov 09, 2014 at 8:41 pm #

What a great compliment – thank you so much!! 😀

2. Oct 26, 2014 at 12:09 pm #

wow- I would go to see this display!! The dinosaurs are great.

3. Oct 19, 2014 at 6:44 am #

nice shots!!!!! It looks cool!!!

4. Oct 17, 2014 at 4:08 pm #

Excellent night shots indeed.

5. Oct 17, 2014 at 6:39 am #

Looks like lots of fun!

Natalia's Pics

The lens of the world is wide.

Eye For A Pic