Bolsa Chica After Work

Sitting in an office doing dull, unrewarding work for all the daylight hours is just too much sometimes, so I provide myself a change of scenery once I’m off. Yesterday I drove from my workplace in Irvine down the 55 Freeway to Pacific Coast Highway, and then up the coast to Bolsa Chica Wetlands in Huntington Beach. I was lucky not to have much traffic, as our daylight hours are now quite short. Each time I’ve been there in the late afternoon, there have been photographers on the bridge with really long lenses aimed at the various birds. I felt quite lucky with my little, by comparison, 55-300 zoom to get a few decent shots. The sky was brilliantly colored, the air nice and brisk once again! It was a wonderfully refreshing, completely out-of-the-way, detour home. ~SueBee (photos by SueBee)

Tags: , , , ,

Categories: Out 'n About, Photography, Seaside

8 Comments on “Bolsa Chica After Work”

1. Nov 12, 2014 at 2:41 pm #

Only big show offs have more than 300mm of zoom or very strong people. I can’t hold a big lens up any more. Nice results from your ‘little’ zoom.

• Nov 12, 2014 at 6:02 pm #

Thank you 🙂 I was pointing at the right place at the right time, and luckily had the right setting already in place!! That’s always such a nice feeling.

2. Nov 12, 2014 at 9:29 am #

Gorgeous views and light!

Lindy

3. Nov 12, 2014 at 7:34 am #

Beautiful! Love the shot of the heron landing! The light is gorgeous and you managed to get him nice and sharp. Well done!

4. Nov 12, 2014 at 7:22 am #

Great shots, love the Crane on approach.

• Nov 12, 2014 at 6:03 pm #

I was surely very pleased!! Thanks for writing 🙂

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Londonsenior

The life of an elderly Londoner and her travels.

Tangly Cottage Gardening Journal

from garden to garden: a photo diary from the corner of Columbia and Pacific (Southwest Washington coast)

craftsbytereasa

crafting

"The Junque Journalist"

"I Dont Think OUTSIDE THE BOX, I Think What I Can Do With THE BOX"

Let's Art Journal

Expressing life through endless creativity in words and pictures

LISMORE PAPER

Graphic Design, Digital Papers and Vintage/Original Clip Art

Never too old to travel!

a potpourri of thoughts and experiences

talainsphotographyblog