Desert Black and Whites

I just returned from a few days R&R (rest and relaxation) in Palm Springs, a favorite get-away place not far from home. Most of my time was spent outdoors, hiking, and thoroughly enjoying not being at work. The weather was crisp (downright cold starting late afternoons), the sky either crystal clear or with the occasional photographic cloud formations. While I sort my 850+ photos, I’ve decided to start with a few black and whites that I think worked, although some I like better than others. Generally I prefer seeing nature’s beautiful colors, but if the silhouette is striking or the contrast stands out enough, black and whites are also nice. ~SueBee (photos by SueBee)

Tags: , , , , ,

Categories: Deserts, Out 'n About, Photography

14 Comments on “Desert Black and Whites”

1. Jan 26, 2015 at 8:25 pm #

There are many marvelous patterns you have captured here.

• Jan 26, 2015 at 9:43 pm #

Thank you! It’s a photographer’s paradise. 🙂

2. Jan 24, 2015 at 2:56 am #

Great shots!

3. Dec 31, 2014 at 6:01 am #

beautiful pictures in b&w, with a strong contrast (as I like 🙂 ).
    happy new year!

• Dec 31, 2014 at 10:45 am #

Thanks so much! Happy New Year to you as well 🙂

4. Dec 30, 2014 at 1:47 pm #

I like the final picture in particular.

• Dec 30, 2014 at 2:31 pm #

I’m not able to tell which picture that is because it’s set to shift through the pictures with each viewing, but I’m glad you enjoyed whichever one that was!!

5. Dec 30, 2014 at 9:18 am #

I like your reasoning re colour and black and white

• Dec 30, 2014 at 2:30 pm #

Thank you. If I were comparing, I’d nearly always choose the color.

6. Dec 30, 2014 at 9:11 am #

Nice work! Not so hot there this time of year.

• Dec 30, 2014 at 2:30 pm #

Thank you. And, yes, it was so much nicer than when I was last there… at nearly 100 degrees!

• Dec 30, 2014 at 2:33 pm #

Especially with this Arctic blast coming through the next day or so. We may get a light coating of snow on our valley floor soon, so not normal!

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Hastings Cottage Designs

Banners, Jewelry, Decor and more

Photographs by Timothy S. Allen

Exploring the World with a Camera

A potpourri of thoughts and experiences

MY WALL

Poems & Photographs

Figlio del Giaguaro

Chi non conosce il silenzio del deserto non sa cosa sia il silenzio. (proverbio tuareg)

Ripples of Truth

Small moments make big ripples.