West Fork Trail and Palm Canyon

My inventory of photos from my two night get-away in Palm Springs at the end of December is nearly endless! The photos in this gallery were taken after I hiked Andreas Canyon and then headed toward the Reservation Trading Post, where I had hoped to explore West Fork Trail and Palm Canyon. I ended up venturing onto just the very shortest trail to the falls, mostly because there were too many people. The area is beautiful and I’ll check it out on my next visit, only will plan to get there much earlier in the morning. ~SueBee

Tags: , , , ,

Categories: Deserts, Hikes, Photography

12 Comments on “West Fork Trail and Palm Canyon”

1. Feb 05, 2015 at 7:01 am #

Your first photo of the blacktop road reminded me of my childhood in Phoenix. That is EXACTLY the kind of sidestreet road I remember. On the hottest days, those roads would become so soft that we could leave our foot impressions in them. They’ve probably improved the formula by now.

2. Feb 04, 2015 at 2:44 pm #

Impressive rocks.

3. Feb 04, 2015 at 9:48 am #

Wow this is beautiful

4. Feb 04, 2015 at 6:49 am #

Great photos, it looks like you had a fun adventure!

• Feb 04, 2015 at 4:46 pm #

Thank you. It was a fabulous little get-away!

• Feb 04, 2015 at 4:50 pm #

You’re welcome.

• Feb 04, 2015 at 5:03 pm #

Hi, I tried to comment on your Switzer Falls post, but it requires name and email, unlike on most WP sites. Did you set it up that way?

• Feb 04, 2015 at 5:41 pm #

I dont think so, but i do believe i still need some work on this site. Thanks for pointing that out!

5. Feb 04, 2015 at 6:38 am #

Some interesting angles there

• Feb 04, 2015 at 4:44 pm #

Those boulders lean on each other. One only hopes not to have an earthquake while squeezing underneath!

Depression doesn't define me anymore. Now its all (mostly) about inspiration and adventure

Story Of The Footloose

In the end all you want is a pen that writes well and a life that you've lived well...

Exploratorius

Old School Film Hack

meticulous mick

Expressions of my life - An evolution of art.

My journey through life as an artist, father, and person with young onset Parkinsons