Practicing Nighttime Photography at Disneyland

I recently took an outdoor photography class with my boyfriend, Cam…learned tons a great tips! As I mentioned in my previous article, Cam now has the same camera as me, so we’ve been testing out our new-found knowledge together. We went to Disneyland a few days ago, and took tons of awesome shots! However, I’m most excited that the night-time pics turned out so crystal clear, in spite of not having a tri-pod along!

Night-time photography has always been a hit-and-miss…99% of the time, pics turned out blurry. However, using tips we learned from the photography class, we tested out the Shutter Priority setting (Mode S). With the shutter speed jacked up high, and ISO at 3200 (tried 6400, but the sky looked red instead of black), our pics turned out super clear. I’m so excited to have figured out how to take good nighttime photography! ~Kat (pics by Kat)

Tags: , , , , ,

Categories: Out 'n About, Photography

16 Comments on “Practicing Nighttime Photography at Disneyland”

1. Jan 25, 2014 at 7:37 am #

These are terrific-especially the castle–great work!

2. Nov 06, 2013 at 8:33 pm #

Cool pictures! I really love the one of Star Tours, the colors pop.

• Nov 07, 2013 at 6:17 am #

Thank you so much! That’s one of my favorites too! I appreciate your feedback! 🙂 ~Kat

3. Nov 06, 2013 at 11:12 am #

Very nice!

• Nov 06, 2013 at 11:40 am #

Thank you! I really appreciate the feedback! 🙂 ~Kat

4. Nov 06, 2013 at 11:11 am #

Love these!!!

• Nov 06, 2013 at 11:25 am #

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your comment! ~Kat

5. Anonymous
    Nov 06, 2013 at 11:07 am #

Lovely!!!!

6. connie.n.w.
    Nov 05, 2013 at 7:35 pm #

Beautiful photos..really stands out. cnw

• Nov 05, 2013 at 8:55 pm #

Thank you so much! Tomorrowland was my favorite land to take pics in, with all the bright, colorful lights! ~Kat

7. Nov 05, 2013 at 8:10 am #

these are really cool photos!

8. Nov 05, 2013 at 7:34 am #

Great shots =)

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Hastings Cottage Designs

Special Occasion Banners, Fabric Jewelry, Interior Decor Items and More

Photographs by Timothy S. Allen

Exploring the World with a Camera

A potpourri of thoughts and experiences

MY WALL

Poems & Photographs

Figlio del Giaguaro

Chi non conosce il silenzio del deserto non sa cosa sia il silenzio. (proverbio tuareg)

Ripples of Truth

Small moments make big ripples.