Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!

To celebrate our Anniversary, my boyfriend Cam and I went to the San Diego Zoo to snap a few pics…and by a few, only 1,600 combined ๐Ÿ˜‰ But really, when you’re surrounded by so many amazing animals, and have a turbo lens, how could you take less?! What a place! I haven’t been since I can remember, so when Cam suggested the idea, I was 100% down!

San Diego Zoo Anniversary Trip 297

We chose to walk the entire park (next trip we’ll take the aerial tram)…talk about a great work out! Tons of hills! And, of course the most exciting animals are on top of those hills, lol…motivation!

Starving after our major workout, we decided to eat at the Sabertooth Grill, located at the Elephant Odyssey. Both Cam and I are vegetarian, so we ordered the Black Bean burger…it was really tasty! They have tons of other options as well!

San Diego Zoo Anniversary Trip 290

My favorite pics to take are close ups, so the majority of the time I used the 55-300mm zoom lens to try and capture the animals’ expressions up close. My major frustration, however, was the fences…I haven’t quite figured out how to manually focus, so the camera was constantly focusing on the fence instead of the animal. But I think I managed to get a few good shots ๐Ÿ™‚ ~Kat (pics by Kat)

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Out 'n About, Photography, Wildlife, Zoo

11 Comments on “Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!”

1. Jan 07, 2014 at 2:03 am #

Beautiful photos!

• Jan 07, 2014 at 8:39 am #

Thank you so much! They were fun to take! ๐Ÿ™‚ ~Kat

2. Nov 23, 2013 at 9:38 am #

Great job on this gallery, girls ๐Ÿ™‚

• Nov 23, 2013 at 9:47 am #

Thanks so much, Paula! I’ll tell Kat once I see her end of the weekend – she’s off on new adventures with her boyfriend! ~SueBee PS: thanks for visiting our site ๐Ÿ™‚

• Nov 23, 2013 at 10:25 am #

You are welcome SueBee

3. Anonymous
    Nov 18, 2013 at 7:34 pm #

Great shots, Miss KIT-Kat!bl

• Nov 18, 2013 at 7:59 pm #

Thank you so much, BL!! ๐Ÿ˜‰ I had soooo much fun taking these!! ๐Ÿ™‚ ~Kat

4. Nov 17, 2013 at 2:23 pm #

Stunning pictures ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Nov 16, 2013 at 12:41 pm #

Happy anniversary! It sounds like you two had a great day. I love the shots of the meerkat and that beautifully-marked duck. Nice going!

• Nov 16, 2013 at 1:27 pm #

Thanks for the wishes! We did have fun and it was special. Appreciate the compliment, thank you! ๐Ÿ™‚ Kat

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Hastings Cottage Designs

Handcrafts by Susan Meyer

Photographs by Timothy S. Allen

Exploring the World with a Camera

A potpourri of thoughts and experiences

โ€œTwenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didnโ€™t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sailaway from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.โ€ ~ Mark Twain

MY WALL

Poems & Photographs

Figlio del Giaguaro

Chi non conosce il silenzio del deserto non sa cosa sia il silenzio. (proverbio tuareg)

Ripples of Truth

Small moments make big ripples.