Peacock in Flight

Sunday was a busy out ‘n about day for Kat and me. From a classic car show in Fullerton, to a dim sum restaurant for lunch, followed by the Arboretum in Arcadia, and ending up at our favorite North Woods restaurant for their famous salads and cheesy bread, we covered the town.

Today’s Foto Fix is really rather funny. Kat and I have taken more peacock photos at the Arboretum than we can count, so we vowed out loud as we entered the grounds “no peacock pictures”…. we even said it over and over a few times! Well, of course, they’re irresistible and so here we are. I will say, though, that I’ve never captured one in flight before. I was nearly up to him as he stood on the rock when he suddenly took flight off towards the walkway. It may be he was more jumping than flying, but since his wings are open and his feet tucked up, I’m claiming it as “in flight”! This was a lucky shot if ever there was one. A fellow blogger, Tom Hutton of Tootlepedal’s Blog, showcases a daily “bird in flight” photo, often taken in his spectacular garden. I’m in awe of his photos, but am proud to now have one of my own “birds in flight”. I dedicate this photo to Tootlepedal! ~SueBee (photo by SueBee)Peacock in Flight

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Categories: Daily Foto Fix, Wildlife

11 Comments on “Peacock in Flight”

1. May 22, 2014 at 9:27 pm #

Fabulous capture! I’ve never seen one in flight before.

~Lindy

• May 22, 2014 at 9:48 pm #

Thank you! I’ve seen them in treetops and wondered how they got up there (and down), but this was first time I’ve ever seen flying!

2. May 22, 2014 at 3:33 pm #

I should have thanked you for the dedication too. Thank you, I am honoured.

• May 22, 2014 at 4:52 pm #

You’re quite welcome. You are my bird picture inspiration!

3. May 22, 2014 at 3:32 pm #

That’s a cut above a chaffinch.

4. May 22, 2014 at 12:41 pm #

Wow! I have never seen a peacock in flight. Impressive photo 🙂

5. May 22, 2014 at 8:08 am #

I happen to have snapped a peacock today myself, but never one in flight. Kudos to you!

6. May 22, 2014 at 7:52 am #

Wow… perfect timing.. beautiful shot… 🙂

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Hastings Cottage Designs

Handcrafts by Susan Meyer

Photographs by Timothy S. Allen

Exploring the World with a Camera

A potpourri of thoughts and experiences

MY WALL

Poems & Photographs

Figlio del Giaguaro

Chi non conosce il silenzio del deserto non sa cosa sia il silenzio. (proverbio tuareg)

Ripples of Truth

Small moments make big ripples.