A Small Collection of Black and Whites

I tried a different setting on my Nikon d5100 recently, which took all the photos in Black and White. I generally prefer color, but find the change to be fun and challenging. In this case, as I took the pictures I was interested in lines and contrast as I framed each. The pictures in this gallery were taken at El Dorado Nature Center and Seal Beach, during a recent day being out and about in Southern California, after the rain (there, I referred to it again!!). ~SueBee (photos by SueBee)

Tags: , , , ,

Categories: Out 'n About, Photography

8 Comments on “A Small Collection of Black and Whites”

1. Nov 17, 2014 at 2:10 pm #

nice pictures in b&w!

2. Nov 16, 2014 at 4:29 pm #

I especially like the “eerie scene”.

• Nov 16, 2014 at 7:26 pm #

Thank you… it didn’t look at all eerie in the color shot that I also got. Black and white certainly changes things up!

3. Nov 16, 2014 at 2:26 pm #

Oh, did you have rain?

• Nov 16, 2014 at 4:10 pm #

Yes! I wasn’t sure if I mentioned our one day of rain previously. 😉

4. Nov 16, 2014 at 9:12 am #

Great B&W photography, you should do this more often. 🙂

• Nov 16, 2014 at 9:58 am #

Thank you! With your encouragement, I shall 🙂 🙂

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Tangly Cottage Gardening Journal

from garden to garden: a photo diary from the corner of Columbia and Pacific (Southwest Washington coast)

craftsbytereasa

crafting

"The Junque Journalist"

"I Dont Think OUTSIDE THE BOX, I Think What I Can Do With THE BOX"

Let's Art Journal

Expressing life through endless creativity in words and pictures

LISMORE PAPER

Graphic Design, Digital Papers and Vintage/Original Clip Art

~RAMBLING WOODS 2~

~The Road Less Traveled~

Never too old to travel!

a potpourri of thoughts and experiences

talainsphotographyblog