Other Side of the Tracks

This gallery of pictures was taken, quite literally, on the other side of the tracks. I visited the Art Walk at the Brewery, next to the train tracks, in downtown Los Angeles a month or so ago. Each visit there, I enjoy wandering the somewhat decrepit, rat’s-maze-like hallways as much as viewing works of the various artists who live onsite. This gallery of photos showcases a particularly creepy collection. Viewed individually, they’re harmless, but gathered together they speak a rather macabre voice, in my view. Allow your imagination to run wild… ~SueBee (photos by SueBee)

Tags: , , , , , ,

Categories: In the City, Photography

7 Comments on “Other Side of the Tracks”

1. Nov 21, 2014 at 2:07 am #

Like these a lot!

2. Nov 20, 2014 at 3:17 pm #

Very effective images.

• Nov 20, 2014 at 5:11 pm #

They could give a few goosebumps, couldn’t they?!!

3. Nov 20, 2014 at 6:43 am #

You’ve given new meaning to the cold, lonely artist’s garret. I think the occupied portions of the brewery have taken a turn for the better.

• Nov 20, 2014 at 5:11 pm #

The parts in my photos are also occupied… down those lonely-looking hallways are doors, each of which opens into artist loft! You have to go in the Spring!! It’s fascinating 😀

• Nov 20, 2014 at 8:24 pm #

Yikes! It reminds me of the main prison in Dublin! I will try to visit in spring.

Eye For A Pic