Cross Town Rivalry

Today’s a big day for Los Angeles college football fans… it’s the annual cross town rivalry game between (USC) University of Southern California Trojans and the (UCLA) University of California at Los Angeles Bruins. I’d never paid much attention to college football until my son attended USC for his undergraduate studies (2002-06). He was lucky to be enrolled during the height of coach Pete Carroll’s winning streak, and let me tell you, it was fun being a Trojan fan! My son then went off to law school at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, and we ended up cheering both “Fight On” (USC) and “Go Blue” (Michigan) at the Rose Bowl on New Year’s Day, 2007, as they faced off against each other. We were glad our beloved USC won that game, though.

The Trojans have had their ups and downs since those glory years, but once a Trojan fan, always a Trojan fan! So, as the USC football players run onto the field later today, listen and you’ll hear SueBee and Kat cheering them on!

These photos were taken on a recent visit to the beautiful USC campus in downtown Los Angeles, where my son is now happily employed! ~SueBee (photos by SueBee)

Tags: , , , ,

Categories: In the City, Photography

7 Comments on “Cross Town Rivalry”

1. Nov 22, 2014 at 10:46 am #

Looks like a nice place to study

• Nov 22, 2014 at 11:14 pm #

It’s a really pretty campus, very classic feel. 🙂

2. Nov 22, 2014 at 10:20 am #

Excellent photography!

3. Nov 22, 2014 at 8:58 am #

I am sure glad you gave me a heads up. A couple of years ago I was on my way home one evening. I live just 10 minutes from the Rose Bowl stadium. Traffic on the freeway next to the Rose Bowl sucked! So I got off the freeway early. It took another hour to get home. The cops absolutely would not let me turn where I needed to turn to get home.

I think USC and UCLA should play their rivalry game somewhere else. Maybe in Michigan?

• Nov 22, 2014 at 11:14 pm #

We watched part of the game from Barney’s Beanery in W L.A., but after today’s game, I agree, Michigan is a great idea for the next one!!

• Nov 23, 2014 at 2:57 pm #

College football is more exciting than pro football, but even so, I seldom watch it. This one – I watched the highlights after it was over.

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Weekly Prompts

Your second chance to be creative. .

"Our Life Captured"

Sharing My Stamping Scrap-booking & Junque Journal Journey!!

Let's Art Journal

Expressing life through endless creativity in words and pictures

LISMORE PAPER

Graphic Design, Digital Papers and Vintage/Original Clip Art

~RAMBLING WOODS 2~

~The Road Less Traveled~

mothandrusthandmade.wordpress.com/

Moth & Rust: Exploring textiles, art, nature, sustainability and more in Kansas.

Photographs by Timothy S. Allen

Exploring the World with a Camera

A potpourri of books and things

MY WALL