Tour during wedding set-up, Heritage Square

(18 photos in gallery) I took a long-overdue tour recently of a place that’s fascinated me for years, the Heritage Square Museum near downtown Los Angeles. I arrived late afternoon on a very hot day, and discovered a wedding being set up. Our tour guide ignored all the wedding hustle and bustle; I guessed it must be a common occurrence. It was fun for me to see the wedding prep, though, because my youngest daughter, Katherine (the Kat in this blog), became engaged earlier this year and will be marrying her sweetie-pie, Cameron, next May. With all the wedding planning going on, it was fun to see this historic setting being used as a venue. We weren’t allowed to take pictures inside the homes. My favorite, though, was the octagonal. It was fascinating, and extremely spacious, with renovations ongoing which made it fun to see its bare bones! Peeking through windows, the inside of the white church was beautiful. We weren’t allowed inside as the floor wasn’t yet deemed safe. For additional information about the Heritage Square Museum, read on below the gallery and visit their website, links provided. ~SueBee

Per their website: “Heritage Square Museum is a living history museum that explores the settlement and development of Southern California during its first 100 years of statehood. The eight historic structures located at the museum, constructed during the Victorian Era, were saved from demolition and serve as a perfect background to educate the public about the everyday lives of Southern Californians from the close of the 19th Century into the early decades of the 20th Century. From the simplicity of the Longfellow-Hastings Octagon House to the opulence of the William Perry Mansion, the Museum provides a unique look at the lifestyles of the people who contributed so much to the development of modern Los Angeles.”

Tags: , , ,

Categories: Historic Sites, Museums, Photography

9 Comments on “Tour during wedding set-up, Heritage Square”

1. Aug 01, 2016 at 5:24 am #

I love historic preservation, so your pictures assure me that someone has been thinking seriously of taking care of those beautiful houses and buildings. Thanks for sharing!

• Aug 02, 2016 at 6:31 pm #

I do, too. Yes, it’s reassuring that at least a handful have been saved.

2. Jul 31, 2016 at 3:59 pm #

Wow how beautiful and exciting! Love all the architecture, especially the green and yellow house.

• Jul 31, 2016 at 10:32 pm #

They’re each so unique and pretty. I want to do a return visit in the winter, when it’s cooler!

3. Jul 31, 2016 at 2:33 pm #

It looks like a good place for a wedding.

• Jul 31, 2016 at 10:32 pm #

Without the extreme heat I think it would be a wonderful spot. Katherine and her fellow have reserved a mountain spot where it’s nice and cool!

4. Jul 31, 2016 at 1:15 pm #

What a great idea for a museum Sue; and how exciting to have a wedding in the works! Enjoy the journey😊

Natalia's Pics

The lens of the world is wide.

Eye For A Pic