Weekly Photo Challenge: Tiny

For this week’s Photo Challenge, we’re given the word Tiny. Yesterday, while on a spontaneous visit to our local mountains, I visited an HO Model Train display at Lake Arrowhead. This photo is my entry in the challenge, Tiny, a tiny train passing a tiny town with tiny cars, as well. ~SueBeeweekly-photo-challenge-tiny

Per Wikipedia: “The name HO is derived from the fact that its 1:87 scale is approximately half that of O scale which was the smallest of the series of older and larger 0, 1, 2 and 3 scales introduced by Märklin around 1900. In most English-speaking markets it is pronounced “aitch-oh” and written with the letters HO today, but in German it is pronounced “hah-null“, and still written with the letter H and number 0.”

Tags: , , ,

Categories: Photography, Weekly Photo Challenge

14 Comments on “Weekly Photo Challenge: Tiny”

1. Aug 08, 2017 at 7:25 am #

I am a big model railroad enthusiast and love any chance to observe and learn from other’s layout. This is a great looking one.

• Aug 08, 2017 at 7:29 pm #

Thanks for visiting, Joe. The train layout was really fun to see!

2. Nov 14, 2016 at 6:30 pm #

Terrific – reminded me of Christmas’s past when my dad and brothers would put together their train sets. I always loved them.

3. Nov 14, 2016 at 2:03 pm #

I would like to have been at that show. I love model railways.

• Nov 14, 2016 at 5:24 pm #

It was a really nice display. Two men, obviously passionate about their hobby, were working on various parts, while two young kids sat in the inner circle playing some sort of electronic game. It saddened me. To be fair, maybe they’d been there all day and had seen enough, or weren’t allowed to touch, but ….

• Nov 15, 2016 at 1:49 pm #

That sounds as though it might be true about not touching from my experience.

• Nov 15, 2016 at 5:50 pm #

Yes, it’s possible considering the countless hours spent setting it all up.

4. Nov 14, 2016 at 8:38 am #

I love HO scale! And love train museums. Sadly there are none in my area, but I went to a great one in Ohio last year.

• Nov 14, 2016 at 5:27 pm #

I do, too! We have a terrific train museum in Los Angeles, but I always enjoy these traveling model train shows.

5. Nov 14, 2016 at 7:23 am #

Thanks for the bit of history to go with the pix. 🙂

• Nov 14, 2016 at 5:27 pm #

You’re welcome! Thanks for letting me know it added to your enjoyment!!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Tiny: Horizon | What's (in) the picture? - Nov 14, 2016

[…] SueBee and Kat Weekly Photo Challenge: Tiny […]

2. Other Tiny Stuff | Kanlaon - Nov 14, 2016

[…] Suebee and Kat, a model train […]

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Hastings Cottage Designs

Banners, Jewelry, Decor and more

Photographs by Timothy S. Allen

Exploring the World with a Camera

A potpourri of thoughts and experiences

MY WALL

Poems & Photographs

Figlio del Giaguaro

Chi non conosce il silenzio del deserto non sa cosa sia il silenzio. (proverbio tuareg)

Ripples of Truth

Small moments make big ripples.