Weekly Photo Challenge: Transformation

Rocks on the beach make a transformation into art at my hands. Photos of a few of the many dozen I’ve painted are submitted as entry into this week’s Photo Challenge: Transformation.

I first took up this hobby about 2 1/2 years ago, during my mini-vacation to Cambria, on California’s central coast. Rocks were in abundance on the beach there, so I collected a bag, took them to my hotel, and started painting using the acrylics I’d brought. Prior to the rocks, I’d been painting on small, inexpensive canvases.

Some scenes are simple, perhaps just a word, others are more complex. Sometimes I use my own photos as inspiration, other times, paintings from famous people, and once in awhile an idea for a scene will pop into my head. It’s a relaxing, enjoyable hobby. I’ve gifted many of the rocks, others I just can’t part with! Perhaps I have rocks in my head, but I’m sure having fun. ~SueBee

Tags: , , , ,

Categories: Weekly Photo Challenge

11 Comments on “Weekly Photo Challenge: Transformation”

1. Nov 26, 2017 at 2:07 pm #

LOL, your art does indeed ROCK!! Love these

2. Nov 26, 2017 at 9:04 am #

Fantastic range of art work, from characters to scenes and each stands out. The details in your landscapes are unbelievable. Lovely indeed!

3. Nov 25, 2017 at 6:34 pm #

Wow these are really amazing!

4. Nov 25, 2017 at 3:23 pm #

I can’t resist observing that your art rocks!

• Nov 26, 2017 at 9:24 am #

Haha! What a great compliment!! Thank you. ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Nov 25, 2017 at 9:53 am #

I love your rock art!

Natalia's Pics

The lens of the world is wide.

Eye For A Pic

Eye Catching Photography

Smile! Youโ€™re about to see the world through my eyes!