A Few Junk Journal Tags I Made Today

I’ve been thoroughly engrossed in making Junk Journals. My sister-in-law is to blame, actually, for getting me started on this hobby. I’ve always done lots of sewing, but never worked with paper, or stamping, or scrapbooking, etc. I must admit I’ve been having so much fun making these journals, using junk mail, photographs, other papers, and yes, fabric, too. I was off work today and decided to make a few tags and envelopes for the journals I’m currently working on. These tags are a combination of paper and junk mail that I coffee dyed, as well as scraps of fabric and thread. ~Susan (SueBee)

PS: If you’re interested in seeing the Junk Journals I’ve made so far, with themes ranging from Seaside, Garden, Vintage Christmas, to Grandma’s Cedar Chest, to simple little notebooks, flip-through videos are on my YouTube page:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUxXgOlCOw1HEH-3681WtuA

Tags: ,

Categories: Hastings Cottage Designs

14 Comments on “A Few Junk Journal Tags I Made Today”

1. Apr 26, 2019 at 7:44 am #

I too have recently discovered junk journalling, its good therapy too

2. Scott
    Apr 12, 2019 at 6:57 pm #

I like what you’re doing.

• Apr 13, 2019 at 1:45 pm #

Thank you!

• Scott
        Apr 13, 2019 at 6:11 pm #

In my old age I’m seeing more value in non-computer activities.

• Apr 16, 2019 at 9:05 pm #

I agree entirely. I’m looking forward to my retirement at the end of this month and getting away from a job with 8 hours spent on the computer each day. My eyes are tired of it!

• Scott
        Apr 17, 2019 at 7:41 am #

As long as you have made a life for yourself, something(s) you truly love.
        Barb and I have been retired 20 years this month. I turned to ham radio, writing, quilting, WordPress, and never missed my job of pounding a semi 600 miles everyday and waking up in the sleeper the next morning and can’t remember where I shut it down. No thank you.

• Apr 18, 2019 at 7:20 pm #

I’ll bet retirement was quite a change, a good one!

• Scott
        Apr 18, 2019 at 7:38 pm #

It is a change. It’s an upended change. But it’s a good one. Press on, my friend.

• Apr 16, 2019 at 9:05 pm #

Thank you, Scott!

3. Mar 16, 2019 at 8:34 pm #

Love your junk journals. Very clever and fun.

4. Mar 14, 2019 at 9:07 pm #

Wonderfulness!!

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

mothandrusthandmade.wordpress.com/

Moth & Rust: Exploring textiles, art, nature, sustainability and more in Kansas.

Photographs by Timothy S. Allen

Exploring the World with a Camera

A potpourri of books and things

MY WALL

Poems & Photographs

Figlio del Giaguaro

Chi non conosce il silenzio del deserto non sa cosa sia il silenzio. (proverbio tuareg)

talainsphotographyblog

Nature photography

Mike's Look at Life

Photography, memoirs, random thoughts.