Visiting the Farm Store

Cal Poly Pomona has one of the most gorgeous campuses. Originally the ranch of Kellogg cereal founder, Will Keith Kellogg, this school still focuses immensely on Agriculture, and has one of the top programs in the country. As a polytechnic university, the philosophy of the school is “hands on learning,” providing students with real world experience. One of the “hands on” experiences for Agriculture students, is the Farm Store at Kellogg Ranch. The majority of the produce, plants, and products sold are grown/made by the students. How many campuses do you know have their own farms, and a store to sell the products in?

Farm Store 047

During a trip to the school, I visited the store to snap a few pics (and buy some delicious strawberries and oranges…how could I resist?!). The store’s country theme is absolutely adorable. It’s literally impossible to visit and not buy something. In addition to the fresh produce, there are a variety of salsas, syrups, breads, jams, cheeses, candies, dried fruit, nuts…almost anything you can imagine! So many unusual things as well…like sweet potato syrup, butter toffee nuggets, and banana flavored honey sticks.

Farm Store 050

Everything is so delicious looking, the atmosphere wonderful, and the location beautiful. May seem unusual that I’m recommending a trip to a college campus…ok…it’s my alma mater, and I’m very proud of it, but I promise it’s worth it! Especially a visit to this store! Try to visit during the strawberry season and/or the Fall when they host a strawberry picking and a pumpkin picking festival. Such a wonderful place to visit…I know I’ll be heading back there asap! ~Kat (pics by Kat)

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: Out 'n About, Photography

12 Comments on “Visiting the Farm Store”

1. Feb 08, 2014 at 11:18 am #

Wow-what a terrific place to visit and photograph-great images!

• Feb 08, 2014 at 11:33 am #

The Farm Store is great! Thanks so much for commenting! πŸ™‚ ~Kat

2. Jan 29, 2014 at 9:40 pm #

Wow, what a place!
    ~Lindy

3. Jan 24, 2014 at 8:52 am #

I love it when photographers capture places like this on “film”. Shots like this will be something people years from now will examine to see the past of places like this.

• Jan 24, 2014 at 12:04 pm #

Thank you so much, Gary! I’m so happy you enjoyed these pictures! πŸ™‚ ~Kat

4. mk
    Jan 16, 2014 at 8:00 pm #

Looks like this place is worth a visit!

5. The Editors of Garden Variety
    Jan 16, 2014 at 5:20 am #

I love the pictures of your produce. Awesome job!

6. Jan 15, 2014 at 11:52 pm #

Everything is so fresh there πŸ™‚ Nice shots…

Eye For A Pic