Gnat in Focus

Lovely Iceland Poppies growing along a walkway in Anaheim are the backdrop of today’s Foto Fix, while the tiny little gnat is the subject matter. I played with settings on the Nikon and had the worst time getting a clear picture, whether due to bright colors or bright sunlight, I’m not sure. Being able to get this tiny flying insect into focus was victory! Feeling silly, I vow again, one of these days I’ll enroll in a photography course! ~SueBee (photo by SueBee)Gnat in Focus

Tags: , , ,

Categories: Daily Foto Fix, Photography

8 Comments on “Gnat in Focus”

1. Mar 17, 2014 at 3:52 pm #

nice shot! well done… the small gnat is perfectly in focus!!! when the auto focus is complicated to use, it’s better use the manual focus.

• Mar 17, 2014 at 3:59 pm #

Thanks! I always use the Aperture setting rather than Auto if that’s what you’re referring to, and beyond that I have much yet to learn!

2. mk
    Mar 15, 2014 at 8:27 pm #

The gnat is quite in focus! Just wondering if your Auto-Focus area mode was set to single point? I have the best luck with that setting.

• Mar 16, 2014 at 5:49 am #

I’ll have to check. I think half my problem is having the viewfinder set for my vision (without glasses), then needing to put my reading glasses on to see the screen and check if pic turned out. It’s frustrating going back and forth. Add to that not knowing the camera settings well enough…. Thanks for tip!

3. Mar 15, 2014 at 11:19 am #

Beautifully uplifting!

4. Mar 15, 2014 at 10:17 am #

Focus or (motion) blur? Sometimes it is difficult to tell which it is.

• Mar 15, 2014 at 10:34 am #