Travel Town, part 2

All Aboard! It’s time to see the trains, tenderly put out to pasture at Travel Town in Griffith Park. Last Sunday, I spent a few hours wandering around there. My previous article showcased the vehicles on display, while this one features many of the trains. It’s a fun place to visit for all ages; entry and parking are free! ~SueBee (photos by SueBee)

Tags: , , , , ,

Categories: Museums, Out 'n About, Photography

12 Comments on “Travel Town, part 2”

1. Mar 12, 2016 at 9:53 am #

Love those old trains. If I get out of CA, I’ll stop by. Thx for posting.

2. Aug 01, 2015 at 9:39 pm #

A train is always a mystery to me ❤

3. Mar 30, 2014 at 8:33 am #

I would love to see it but a bit far. Wonderful pics.

4. Mar 29, 2014 at 5:49 pm #

Impressive collection of equipment! Where is this?

• Mar 29, 2014 at 6:29 pm #

Travel Town in Griffith Park, Los Angeles, California!

• Mar 29, 2014 at 8:19 pm #

Ok thanks! If I ever make it to California I’ll be sure to see that! I doubt that will be anytime soon, however, since I live in Missouri.

• Mar 29, 2014 at 8:42 pm #

Well, I’m glad you got to see the photos anyway! My mom’s from St Joe, MO – born there in 1917, living out here for most of her life, though. Still going strong! Must be those early Missouri years!

5. Mar 29, 2014 at 2:33 pm #

That’s the place for me. I love trains.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Cherry Blossoms | SueBee and Kat - Mar 30, 2014

[…] the Cherry Blossom Festival last Sunday, after visiting Travel Town in Griffith Park (article 1, article 2). In all my years of Descanso visits (more than I can recall, having grown up in nearby La […]

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Hastings Cottage Designs

Handcrafts by Susan Meyer

Photographs by Timothy S. Allen

Exploring the World with a Camera

A potpourri of thoughts and experiences

MY WALL

Poems & Photographs

Figlio del Giaguaro

Chi non conosce il silenzio del deserto non sa cosa sia il silenzio. (proverbio tuareg)

Ripples of Truth

Small moments make big ripples.