Things I Saw April 5 2014 (14 unique photos)

I took my mom on a drive south along the coast yesterday, ending up in Carlsbad at The Flower Fields. The weather was fantastic, quintessential Southern California all the way! Below are a few sights from the day. Did I ever mention that I love the variety this part of the world has to offer?!! Here we go! Approaching the stairs leading down to Calafia Beach, the coastliner train whooshed right by:

Things I Saw April 5 2014 (1)I glanced up and noticed a man flying a kite from the clifftop,Things I Saw April 5 2014 (2)turned around and saw a fully-dressed surfer with a fishing pole on his back who’d been paddling further out, riding a wave to shore.Things I Saw April 5 2014 (3)As mom and I arrived at The Flower Fields, I saw three monks on a bench,

Things I Saw April 5 2014 (7)a beautiful gal wearing shoes brighter than the flowers, Things I Saw April 5 2014 (4)

a windmill with the Pacific Ocean as the backdrop, Things I Saw April 5 2014 (5)

workers carrying bundles of freshly picked ranunculus,Things I Saw April 5 2014 (6)

and the very interesting contrast of a man in a flag-themed shirt taking pictures as one of the monks walked past.Things I Saw April 5 2014 (8)

Leaving the flowers and driving back up the Coast Highway toward downtown Carlsbad, there walked a man leading two mules, and I wondered, am I now in 1860s Gold Rush country??Things I Saw April 5 2014 (9)

While still pondering the mules, I spied this guy drive past in his “what the heck?!” roadster:

Things I Saw April 5 2014 (10)And again, I turned around, upon hearing the sweet sound of this gal singing and playing her guitar:

Things I Saw April 5 2014 (11)

Then, lo and behold, I’ve returned to the 1960’s, headed to the beach with surfboard and cooler safely stowed up top, Hawaiian bobble dancers on the dash:

Things I Saw April 5 2014 (12)So, off to the beach I go, ready for something common and everyday-ish, when I glance up and see a man flying overhead!

Things I Saw April 5 2014 (13)Things I Saw April 5 2014 (14)Just another day in paradise! Thanks for joining me. 🙂 ~SueBee (photos by SueBee)

Tags: , , , ,

Categories: Out 'n About, Photography, Seaside

15 Comments on “Things I Saw April 5 2014 (14 unique photos)”

1. Apr 14, 2014 at 3:57 am #

These photos are beautiful – so vivid and colourful.

2. Apr 08, 2014 at 4:16 pm #

Love all the pictures, but the standouts for me are the flower photos esp. the one with the little girls. Awesome set!

3. Apr 07, 2014 at 3:06 pm #

Those flowers were certainly worth a visit among all the other delights.

4. Apr 07, 2014 at 4:45 am #

The two girls with very different areas of interest was a real stand out in this group.

• Apr 07, 2014 at 6:30 am #

One of those lucky timing shots! Thanks for your comment 🙂 ~SueBee

5. Apr 06, 2014 at 10:52 pm #

Very well done!

6. Apr 06, 2014 at 8:33 pm #

What a fun day! Your corner of the world seems like it can’t be beat for the amazing variety of photo subjects. Lucky you to live there!

• Apr 06, 2014 at 9:38 pm #

It was a fun day. And I have to say, having lived here most of my life, I’m still continually amazed at the variety, perhaps more than in my younger years, or because I notice it more now. Thanks so much for visiting! ~SueBee

7. Apr 06, 2014 at 8:03 pm #

Thank you for this wonderful journey!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks