Rooftop Shoot

Scanning the downtown L.A. skyline while standing atop Bunker Hill last Saturday, near the upper landing of Angel’s Flight, the scene below caught my eye. Oh! People on a rooftop with two large white balloons. Interesting…must get a closer look…Rooftop Shoot (1)Ah-ha! It must be a photo shoot. I zoomed in, feeling somewhat like an intruder to an intimate moment. Engagement shots, wedding shots? Rooftop Shoot (2)My lens went elsewhere in the skyline, but then, being a curious person, I glanced back to the rooftop, and noticed she was now alone with the balloons.

Rooftop Shoot (3)I zoomed in further, seeing she was posing this way and that. I wished for a view from that angle to see the backdrop. Being at the northern end of the city, there would have been just a few medium height buildings, the bulk of the city being behind them, so I’m guessing the Hollywood Freeway, and distant mountains would have been faded in the background. ~SueBee (photos by SueBee)

Tags: , , , ,

Categories: In the City, Photography

7 Comments on “Rooftop Shoot”

1. Apr 19, 2014 at 3:01 pm #

Nice picture! 🙂

• Apr 19, 2014 at 3:10 pm #

Thank you. I hope you saw the other ones further down the article!! Thanks for stopping by. ~SueBee

• Apr 19, 2014 at 3:19 pm #

Oh no – I just noticed the first one in the preview of the reader. Thanks for the tip. Zooming into images sometimes reveals hidden highlights. All the best

• Apr 19, 2014 at 3:59 pm #

Thanks for writing back. I become very frustrated with the WP reader, because as I’ve learned many think the one picture is the entirety and don’t know to click through. Any suggestions to tip people off that there’s more to see/read? Appreciate it 🙂

2. Apr 19, 2014 at 1:56 pm #

Well spotted.

• Apr 19, 2014 at 2:32 pm #

Thank you. Learned the art of observation from my dad. 🙂

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Faux real? (5 photos) | SueBee and Kat - Apr 22, 2014

[…] quickly forgotten, replaced by multitudes of other interesting sights. As I chose photos for my Rooftop Shoot article, I realized that same building was the one with the faux window washers. I took a closer […]

Eye For A Pic