Palm Springs by Foot and Car

My visit to Palm Springs last weekend was, as I mentioned, for charity events. A group of us, including my son and Kat, walked early Saturday morning under clear, sunny skies, raising money to fight AIDS. The Desert AIDS Walk was very successful, raising over $300,000! The 90 degree heat didn’t seem so bad, considering we had lots of great people joining us, and water bottles greeting us on the final stretch.

The drive home on Sunday afternoon wasn’t too bad, traffic wise. While departing the Palm Springs city limits and heading onto the freeway, I became fascinated by the windmills, as always. These shots were taken through the window of my son’s truck, with color boosted by the “I’m feeling lucky” button on Picassa photo manager. My son said real estate at that end of town is quite a bit cheaper due to the continual, strong winds. Makes sense, as I would grow tired of it in short order. ~SueBee (photos by SueBee)

Tags: , , , , ,

Categories: Deserts, Out 'n About, Photography

7 Comments on “Palm Springs by Foot and Car”

1. Oct 24, 2014 at 2:18 pm #

How far was your walk? Not too far I hope in those temperatures.

• Oct 24, 2014 at 4:53 pm #

It was a very manageable 2.5 miles (4km).

• Oct 25, 2014 at 2:07 pm #

That’s almost within my range but not quite these days.

• Oct 25, 2014 at 7:26 pm #

You’ll be fit as a fiddle once that’s all behind you. Glad you’re keeping up the bike riding.

2. Oct 24, 2014 at 6:34 am #

It looks like you had a fun day!

• Oct 24, 2014 at 6:36 am #

It was indeed.

(I hardly recognized you without the mustache!) 😉

• Oct 24, 2014 at 6:45 am #

😉

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Londonsenior

The life of an elderly Londoner and her travels.

Tangly Cottage Gardening Journal

from garden to garden: a photo diary from the corner of Columbia and Pacific (Southwest Washington coast)

craftsbytereasa

crafting

"The Junque Journalist"

"I Dont Think OUTSIDE THE BOX, I Think What I Can Do With THE BOX"

Let's Art Journal

Expressing life through endless creativity in words and pictures

LISMORE PAPER

Graphic Design, Digital Papers and Vintage/Original Clip Art

Never too old to travel!

a potpourri of thoughts and experiences

talainsphotographyblog