Weekly Photo Challenge: Refraction

This photo, taken of a friend’s daughter at the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach, California, demonstrates something very bizarre, and not being a science specialist, I’ll consider it as an entry to last week’s Photo Challenge theme of Refraction. The little girl is walking on the other side of a large fish tank, with a photo on the wall behind her. Her head above the water line is in a different spot than her body below the water line! Whether or not that’s truly considered refraction, I don’t know. Perhaps my readers can weigh in. ~SueBee (photo by SueBee)Weekly Photo Challenge, RefractionFor this photo challenge, show us what “refraction” means to you. It could be an image taken in a reflective surface, it could be light bent from behind an object, or it could mean remedial math homework: the choice is completely up to you. I’m looking forward to seeing how you interpret “refraction.”

Tags: , , , ,

Categories: Weekly Photo Challenge

10 Comments on “Weekly Photo Challenge: Refraction”

1. Oct 26, 2014 at 7:48 pm #

Super!

Lindy

2. Oct 25, 2014 at 2:16 pm #

Very nifty shot. I trust that no children were harmed in the making.

3. Oct 25, 2014 at 12:49 pm #

How on earth??????? Too cool – I do hope someone with science lernin helps us out here.

Good job!

• Oct 25, 2014 at 7:25 pm #

Thank you! Honestly, I can’t figure out how little Elise got so “ahead of herself”, haha!

4. Oct 25, 2014 at 11:52 am #

Really cool shot. A shame you missed most of the posting for that challenge as it’s one of the best!

• Oct 25, 2014 at 7:24 pm #

Thanks so much for your wonderful compliment, Tina! I was gone too much last week to have any time for digging through my pictures!

5. Oct 25, 2014 at 8:59 am #

What a brilliant entry for the subject it is too!

• Oct 25, 2014 at 9:01 am #

Thank you! I wasn’t sure if I’d properly interpreted the true definition of refraction. ~SueBee

Depression doesn't define me anymore. Now its all (mostly) about inspiration and adventure

Story Of The Footloose

In the end all you want is a pen that writes well and a life that you've lived well...

Exploratorius

Old School Film Hack

meticulous mick

Expressions of my life - An evolution of art.

My journey through life as an artist, father, and person with young onset Parkinsons