Visiting the World’s First Cactarium

An after-lunchtime visit to Moorten Botanical Garden was a nice break between hikes during my recent Palm Springs visit. Established in 1938, it’s a desert lover’s cactus feast. I found their World’s First Cactarium, pictured in this gallery, to be most fascinating, and I’m pleased to know I visited a world’s first! ~SueBee

Tags: , , , , ,

Categories: Deserts, Gardens, Photography

13 Comments on “Visiting the World’s First Cactarium”

1. Feb 09, 2015 at 10:48 am #

I need to go here immediately! Great post!

2. Jan 29, 2015 at 12:06 am #

This is cool!

3. Jan 28, 2015 at 5:24 pm #

I visited that place few years back… Did you see the turtles?

• Jan 29, 2015 at 6:10 am #

Sure did, but they were trying to hide in the corners!

4. Jan 28, 2015 at 1:59 pm #

A surprising variety for a non cactus aware person like me.

5. Jan 28, 2015 at 8:12 am #

Amazing cacti, never seen many of these. I was surprised to see the do not touch sign.

• Jan 28, 2015 at 4:47 pm #

I thought the do not touch sign hilarious! But you know how many people see that sign, then instinctively touch!

6. Jan 28, 2015 at 6:36 am #

I especially like #5, because it reminds me of the early early early episodes of Star Trek.

• Jan 29, 2015 at 4:30 pm #

Ha! Could be where the Star Trek people got their inspiration!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Moorten’s Botanical Garden, part 1 | SueBee and Kat - Feb 27, 2015

[…] I found fascinating was Moorten’s Botanical Garden. I wrote about their world’s first Cactarium, and will now share scenes from their desert gardens. The afternoon was extremely pleasant, the […]

Exploratorius