“Polly Wants a Cracker”

Santa Monica with Nikon D5100 010Spontaneous adventures usually result in some of the best experiences and photos. While randomly out n’ about at the Santa Monica Pier, I came across a street performer with three magnificent parrots. When I asked permission to take pictures of the birds, the performer was more than happy to show them off, and had them perform their tricks. Clicking away with the camera, I didn’t expect the performer to ask if I’d like to hold the birds. How could I resist?! Holding three parrots while they perform isn’t exactly easy…but certainly memorable! ~Kat (Pic by Kat)

Tags: , , , , ,

Categories: Daily Foto Fix, Out 'n About, Photography

7 Comments on ““Polly Wants a Cracker””

1. May 24, 2014 at 12:11 pm #

Lovely photograph!

2. Nov 13, 2013 at 8:24 pm #

What an experience! I love that that the performer allowed you to handle the birds. Just goes to show what can happen when you put yourself out there. And you got a great shot, too. Nice going!

• Nov 13, 2013 at 8:44 pm #

For sure! It was rather intimidating at first, but the birds were so well trained that I relaxed pretty quickly. Thanks so much for the compliment and comment on my article! -Kat

3. Nov 13, 2013 at 9:58 am #

Nice closeup.

• Nov 13, 2013 at 2:38 pm #

Thank you! I really appreciate your comment! Closeup shots are my favorite to take! ~Kat

• Nov 13, 2013 at 4:17 pm #